Please note: All South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation offices will be closed Monday, Sept. 1 in observance of Labor Day.
The South Dakota Plumbing Commission works to keep the citizens of our state and their property safe from the hazards associated with unsafe drinking water and unsafe waste disposal facilities.
- administers the state laws and regulations concerning plumbing
- inspects plumbing installations
- investigates complaints related to plumbing
- licenses all qualified plumbers within the state
- ensures updating and distribution of the state plumbing code
- informs plumbers, inspection departments and the public about code requirements, new products and methods of installation
- provides information of the Commission's activities, recommendations and requirements