- Home to DLR
- Home to Employment Laws
- Decisions and Rulings
- e-laws Advisors
- Foreign Labor
- Human Rights
- Jury Duty
- Labor Disputes
- Minimum Wage
- Newly Hired Employees
- Posting Requirements
- Public Employment
- Termination of Employment
- Unemployment Insurance
- Youth Employment
- Wage and Hour Issues
- Workers' Compensation
- South Dakota Laws & Rules
Posting Requirements (State and Federal)
State Posting Requirements
The required state postings available below are provided in Adobe PDF format.
South Dakota law requires only two workplace postings:
Unemployment posting - Download below, or get it at no charge from the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation's Division of Unemployment Insurance by calling 605.626.2312.
Unemployment posting in English
Unemployment posting in Spanish
Safety on the Job posting - Workers' compensation law requires employers to post information encouraging safety. There is no required format for this poster. DLR has three options available below.
Safety "Team Work Makes the Dream Work" posting
"Safety First" posting
Safety "Together Everyone Achieves More" posting
Federal Posting Requirements
Various federal agencies (such as the U.S. Department of Labor, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)) require workplace postings. You may comply with these requirements by using posters available for downloading using the links below. Some of the posters are available in either black and white or color.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (minimum wage) [English] [Español] [Chinese] [Haitian Creole] [Hmong] [Korean] [Polish] [Russian] [Vietnamese]
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act of 1988 [English] [Español]
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law - Download the poster and a supplement in English, Español or Chinese
- Job Safety and Health Protection (OSHA) [English] [Español]
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) [English] or [Español]
- Uniformed Services Employment and Re-employment Rights Act (USERRA) [English]
To receive a labor law compliance poster which addresses all six of these federal posting requirements (sometimes referred to as a "six in one poster") at no charge, contact your job service office.
There are are two additional federal posting requirements for workplaces that employ special populations of workers and have unique employment situations, as shown below.
- Employee Rights for Workers with Disabilities/Special Minimum Wage [English] [Español]
- Migrant and Seasonal Ag Worker Protection Act [English] [Español] [Ereyôl] [Vietnamese] [Hmong]
Visit the U.S. Department of Labor's website for other compliance assistance resources.
Federal contractors and subcontractors are required to inform employees of their rights under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), the primary law governing relations between unions and employers in the private sector.
- Displaced Employee Rights on Successor Contracts [English] [Español]
- Employee Rights under the National Labor Relations Act poster - 29 CFR Part 471 (available from the U.S. Department of Labor website in English, Cantonese, French, Hmong, Laotian, Mandarin Chinese, Somali, Español and Vietnamese)
- Notice to All Employees Working on Federal or Federally Financed Construction Projects - 29 CFR 5.5(a)(1) [English] [Español]
- Notice to Employees Working on Government Contracts - 29 CFR 4.6(e), .184 [English] [Español]