- Home to DLR
- Home to Appraiser Certification Program
- Advisory Council
- Consumer Information
- Information for Appraisers
- Classifications & Requirements
- Important Announcements
- Appraisal Standards Board Guidance
- Letter of Good Standing
- Renewal of Certification
- Supervisory Appraisers
- Supervisory Appraiser Log
- Temporary Permit
- Upgrading Certification
- Laws, Rules & Standards
- Information for Appraisal Management Companies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Information for Education Providers
- News and Announcements
- Upcoming Events
- Related Sites
- Other Boards & Commissions
Appraiser Certification Program
The mission of the South Dakota Appraiser Certification Program is to:
- Certify, license and register real estate appraisers to perform real estate appraisals in the state of South Dakota pursuant to Title XI of the Financial Institutions, Reform, Recovery and Enforcement Act (FIRREA).
- Register and supervise appraisal management companies doing business in the state of South Dakota pursuant to Title XI as amended by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
The purpose of the Appraiser Certification Program is to:
- Examine candidates.
- Issue certificates.
- Investigate and administer disciplinary action to persons in violation of the rules, statutes and uniform standards.
- Approve qualifying and continuing education courses.
- To register and supervise appraisal management companies doing business in the state of South.
Certification Required in South Dakota
South Dakota statute and administrative rules mandate an appraiser be certified, licensed or registered by the Department of Labor and Regulation unless exempt under another provision of this chapter or another provision of this statute. See our Laws, Rules and Standards page for more information.
Read important announcements about the Appraiser Certification Program.
Executive Director, Sherry Bren
South Dakota Appraiser Certification Program
308 South Pierre Street
Pierre, SD 57501